The Centre has the following institutional objectives:
- promote, conduct and coordinate research activities, with particular attention to the development and entrenchment of scientific culture in the province of Latina;
- promote initiatives for scientific liaison between researchers in mathematical fields and researchers in solid mechanics and fluids, operating both in Italy and abroad in the field of mathematical modeling for engineering;
- promote, support and organize highly qualified educational activities, such as training, masters and doctorate courses;
- encourage the promotion of mathematics and mechanics of complex systems through publications, conferences, seminars and exhibitions;
- carry out consultancy and research for organizations and institutions;
- disseminate knowledge of research undertaken by the Centre in the most appropriate ways.